Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Hindu Deities in Stamps from Usa-postage.com


Just last night I received an email from a prominent philatelist in USA on an innovative philatelic product. It is postage stamp depicting 7 different religious deities from Hinduism. Usa-postage.com has created 7 spiritual designs targeted to the Indian community in the United States. These stamps, available on high quality paper are adhesive-backed postage are produced using advanced printing technology within a short time frame. The pictures are of Sai baba, Lord Venkateshwara, Lakshmi, Murugan, Vinayaka, Shiva – Parvathi and Sri Krishna. Each stamp has denomination of US 0.44 cents. They all are available on 20 stamp commemorative sheets.

I had seen custom designed postage stamps from the US as it is becoming more and more common but to see Hindu gods and goddess in stamps, it has been something of a different experience! Let us see how popular these stamps are going to be in the days to come.

5 comments:

  1. This website appears to be fake. They are not listed on the USPS website for customized stamps. Can you please check and confirm?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure, thanks for your valuble comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear friends,

    I workwith usa-postage.com and it is a valid website. we are resellers so can not be listed on USPS.
    contact information is on the website if you need to contact us via e mail or phone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! What a beautiful blog! I like your design :D I'm from Poland and I have a blog too: www.magicznerodzenstwo.ownlog.com Please, visit me. Regards,
    I'll be so glad if you leave me a comment in my cbox.Bailon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job. keep it up .

    ReplyDelete