Thursday, November 26, 2009

How I got interested in Philately?

When I was a young boy I remember going to the general post office situated in Sundhara, Kathmandu with my dad every time a new stamp was issued. I tagged along because I was just curious boy. I started liking stamps because they were colorful and had many interesting pictures and images. By the time I was a teenager, I had my own collection pasted in some cheap stamp album. I preferred large commemorative stamps issued by countries like Mongolia and Thailand because they were just colorful. Later on, I went to States for my college degree and I completely forgot but my stamp collection and the collection that my father had until a few years back when I went back home. I had this massive work ahead of me to sort, separate and organize my father's collection in a professional way, which I still am working on. It is a small collection but definitely an interesting one because there are many covers and issues from Nepal that are not common.

Now that I am away from Nepal for a while, I have expanded my interest on local stamps of Trinidad and Tobago, Orchid stamps, aerograms and bank notes.

No comments:

Post a Comment